Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hawk and Ribbons Watercolor


Ribbon-Tailed Hawk


9" x 22"
140 lbs. Arches watercolor paper wrapped frame

This image has gone through many versions... originally I thought the angle of the skull made it look like it was accelerating rapidly, so there should be some exhaust-like shapes billowing out behind it... after many sketches of that idea it was abandoned because I just couldn't incorporate the "flowy" feeling I like to have. I then thought of ribbons, but only secondary to some cans bouncing behind and other "just got married" decorations. However that didn't last long because I thought that much going on behind the skull would draw your attention away from it and I want a feeling of movement done as simply as possible... so ribbons alone... light, airy, flowing.... Hope you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...